17:58 GMT +326 March 2017
Live
    Asteroid

    Huge Fireball Explodes Over Atlantic Off the Brazilian Coast

    © Flickr/ Ed Sweeney
    World
    Get short URL
    95761164

    Each day, the Earth is bombarded by 90 tonnes of cosmic debris. The delicate blue floating ball that we call home is constantly under siege by an array of asteroids, comets, and defunct satellites crashing towards us all like a hell-fire missile gone astray.

    On February 6th, the sky lit up like Fourth of July as an asteroid battered our atmosphere like a piñata at an eight year-old’s birthday party. But, like the tree that falls in the woods, a nuclear bomb scale asteroid explosion 30km above the Atlantic Ocean was seen by nobody. In fact, we could be making the whole thing up. But we’re not. In fact, this was the biggest cosmological impact since the Chelyabinsk asteroid strike two years ago.

    In February 2013, the Russian city of Chelyabinsk was the site of a cosmic explosion that lit fire to the apocalyptic imaginations of the world’s masses. The 2013 fireball exploded over the Russian city with the force of 45,000 tonnes of TNT according to US astronomer Phil Plait. The Chelyabinsk fireball struck the atmosphere with such force as to shatter windows throughout the city and injure 1000 people.

    The fireball of February 6, by contrast, went completely undetected by NASA’s Near-Earth Object team. NASA became aware of the incident upon reports by the US military. Details from the US military regarding the incident or the circumstances of the cosmological observation remain scarce out of concerns of secrecy.

    Could the Fireball Really Be a Missile Strike From Vengeful Space Aliens Seeking to Invade? No.

    Interestingly, the fireball struck on cue with the release of the trailer for Independence Day: Resurgence, the sequel to the 90s cult classic featuring Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum fighting against a rampant alien invasion that left the world devastated. Clearly these incidents are related, but actually no they aren’t. US military officials, rather, deem the countervailing considerations of documenting human scientific record as subsidiary to their imperative for intergalactic domination.

    The US position led world scientists to collectively groan that “if we want to get something done for science, we have to do it ourselves.” Phil Blait notes that while “the desire for the US military to keep their technology and capabilities secret is understandable, it would be nice scientifically to have this data available.”

    Unfortunately for Bruce Willis’ teetering acting career, NASA and other leading astronomical services only detect about 10 percent of all asteroids 140 meters and larger. He will likely never get the call to save all of humanity until it is much too late. NASA seeks to allay these concerns by noting that “All known Potentially Hazardous Asteroids have less than a 0.01 percent chance of impacting Earth in the next 100 years.” The rest of humanity will continue to irrationally fear the imminent and certain doom that the other 90% of unknown Potentially Hazardous Asteroids pose for the survival of our species.

    Related:

    Russia Unprepared to Deal With Space Alien Invasion – Official
    From Deep Space to SoundCloud: NASA Uploads 1970s Alien Podcast
    NASA Scientists Say Seven Grains From Space May Be Alien Visitors
    Sending Signals Into Space May Help Learn How to Receive Alien Messages
    Tags:
    asteroid collision, meteoroid, asteroid, meteor, NASA, Phil Blait, World, United States, Chelyabinsk Region, Atlantic Ocean, Chelyabinsk, Brazil
    Community standardsDiscussion
    Comment via FacebookComment via Sputnik
    • Сomment

    All comments

    • Baybars
      Humans fear of things falling from the sky is ancient and hardly irrational. Our various civilizations have been impacted through the millennia by falling rocks, comet tails and passing planets, if you believe Velikovsky about Venus.

      I don't think humans would prosper if that fear were removed because we would become too complacent and haughty. Our society would become selfish and entitled and...oh wait.
    • avatar
      Dreamliner Wings Can't Fold Back on Pentagon Impactin reply toBaybars(Show commentHide comment)
      Dreamliner's Tail Can't Disappear on Pentagon Impact
      in reply to
      Baybars,
      Yes, EXACTLY, buddy! (LOL)
      And everybody would be better advised to suspect an American nuke, dropped (whether accidentally or on purpose) from some USAF Space Command (or other Anglo-American) Doomsday Platform, launched in secret, than to suspect any Alien Invasion.
      We know who the Monsters are - and where.
      Now, WTF we gonna DO about 'em..?
    • avatar
      michael
      a miss hit in the game of solar system billiards....
    • Baybarsin reply toDreamliner Wings Can't Fold Back on Pentagon Impact(Show commentHide comment)
      Dreamliner's Tail Can't Disappear on Pentagon Impact, I like your nom de plume. It is true that if you compare the impacts of known aircraft impacts on the ground or into structures there will always be engines and parts and sections of the craft remaining. Unlike what was seen at the Pentagon or in that farm field where we were supposed to believe a jet crashed and vapourized, save for the plastic identification of the supposed highjackers.

      What we going to do about em? We keep up the information war, we provide proofs to the sheeple that the laws of physics are not broken, even in a magic show. We teach our children the difference between good and evil and how both are manifest on this Earth.

      And when the time comes, we sharpen our pitch-forks.
    • AnomicDust
      Excessive fear of the unknown debilitates the rational mind. Life is simply another kind of catastrophe. Sudden changes are completely normal.
    • avatar
      Dreamliner Wings Can't Fold Back on Pentagon Impactin reply toBaybars(Show commentHide comment)
      HighRises Can't Pancake-Collapse at 70pc Free-Fall Spped
      in reply to
      Baybars,

      That's really a damn Good Answer to my question, sir!
    • Baybarsin reply toDreamliner Wings Can't Fold Back on Pentagon Impact(Show commentHide comment)
      HighRises Can't Pancake-Collapse at 70pc Free-Fall Speed,

      Thank you, Sir. It is what I have taught my children, who are now men with open eyes.
    • Angus Gallagher
      Tunguska 1908 was the big one.
    Show new comments (0)