A spokesman for the Saudi-led coalition, Colonel Turki Al-Maliki, said on Saturday that the coalition had intercepted and destroyed a Houthi explosive drone launched toward Saudi Arabia, the state-run Saudi Press Agency (SPA) reported.
Al-Maliki claimed that the drone was launched by the Houthis to deliberately target civilians in the southern region.
The coalition has frequently reported drone or missile attacks recently, with the latest incident described on Wednesday, when the Saudis claimed to have intercepted a Houthi drone. Earlier in the week, the coalition said it destroyed a Houthi boat bomb in the waters of the Red Sea, near the Salif port.
Attacks continue as Yemen remains engulfed in an armed conflict between the government forces led by its president in exile, Abdrabbuh Mansour Hadi, and the armed Houthi opposition faction.
The Saudi-led coalition began its military operations against the militia group in 2015 on Hadi's plea.