11:07 GMT +320 September 2019
Listen Live
    Facebook

    Facebook Blocks El Paso Walmart Shooter Account - Report

    CC BY 2.0 / Stock Catalog
    US
    Get short URL
    327
    Subscribe

    Facebook is working with law enforcement following the gun massacre at a Walmart in El Paso, Texas, a spokesperson for the social media giant said, according to a Sunday CNN report.

    The social media giant has removed Facebook and Instagram accounts under the suspect’s name.

    “Our thoughts are with the victims and their families. Content that praises, supports or represents the shooting or anyone responsible violates our Community Standards and we will continue to remove as soon as we identify it”, a Facebook spokesperson said, cited by CNN.

    Two federal law enforcement sources told CNN that investigators are reportedly reviewing a "manifesto" posted days before the shooting that may identify a motive.

    The online posting was believed to be written by the shooter, Patrick Crusius, but it has not been proven, CNN reported, citing sources.

    Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton said later on Saturday that at least 15 people had been shot and killed in a shopping center shooting at a Walmart in the city of El Paso.

    Related:

    Netizens Divided on Facebook Co-Founder's Efforts to Break Up Company With Help of US Government
    Facebook Continues Censorship Crackdown by Purging Police Accountability Pages
    Norwegian Party Leader Banned From Facebook For Slamming Migration, Supporting Tommy Robinson
    Tags:
    account, shooter, Facebook, El Paso, Texas
    Community standardsDiscussion
    Comment via FacebookComment via Sputnik