09:47 GMT +323 September 2019
Listen Live
    Buses are seen during an evacuation operation of Syrian rebel fighters and civilians from a opposition-held area of Aleppo towards rebel-held territory in the west of Aleppo's province

    Russian MoD Denies Reports on Return of Convoy With 950 Militants to Aleppo

    © AFP 2019 / George OURFALIAN
    Middle East
    Get short URL
    296
    Subscribe

    The Russian Defense Ministry's center for Syrian reconciliation on Friday denied reports that one of the convoys from Aleppo with 950 militants and their families was forced to go back.

    HMEYMIM (Sputnik) — Earlier, some mainstream media outlets reported that one of the convoys leaving Aleppo with 950 militants and their families had to return to the city.

    "All 15 convoys with militants and their families, formed by the Russian reconciliation center for evacuation from eastern Aleppo safely reached the final point of their route in the Al-Rashidin 4 sector. The information that allegedly one of the convoys with 950 militants and their families returned to the city is absolutely untrue," the center said in a statement.

    Earlier reports by the center said that overall, more than 9,500 people had been evacuated from eastern Aleppo for the time of the operation to take militants and their families out of the city, adding that all those who wanted to leave Eastern Aleppo did so in the past 24 hours.

    Related:

    Syrian Army Gains Full Control Over Aleppo - Source
    Turkish Red Crescent Says Begins Setting Camp for Aleppo Evacuees
    Tags:
    evacuation, Syria, Aleppo
    Community standardsDiscussion
    Comment via FacebookComment via Sputnik