"Today we have restored power supply in 70 percent of the country’s territory, but at noon, another cyber attack was committed against one of the facilities, which until then had been working perfectly. For this reason, all the progress we had achieved by mid-afternoon was interrupted", Maduro said in Caracas on Saturday.
"They used high-tech weapons… extremists from the opposition are the authors and perpetrators of these attacks against the country, and they used high-tech technologies that only the US government has in the world… These attacks were carried out with the use of high scientific achievements, there were electromagnetic attacks against national electric lines", Maduro said.
A blackout swept Venezuela on Thursday as national electricity supplier Corpoelec reported of "sabotage" at a major hydroelectric power plant, called Guri. Media platforms subsequently reported about power outages in 21 out of 23 Venezuelan states.
Maduro has blamed the United States for waging an electric energy war against Venezuela. However, Washington has denied having a role in the crisis.