05:58 GMT +313 December 2019
Listen Live
    Sukhoi Superjet 100

    Financial Problems With Sukhoi Superjet-100 to Lead to New Company Merger

    © Sputnik / Artem Zhitenev
    Europe
    Get short URL
    0 251
    Subscribe

    Russian and Italian shareholders of the two ventures responsible for the production and promotion of Russia’s regional airliner, the Sukhoi Superjet-100 (SSJ), might merge the two companies into one; the new business model should be ready by the time the Paris Air Show starts in Le Bourget in June.

    Two major shareholders of Russian-Italian joint ventures, Sukhoi Civil Aircraft Company (SCAC) and SuperJet International (SJI), are thinking of merging their companies into one due to financial problems, Russia’s daily newspaper Kommersant reported on Monday.

    The new company is to be formed on a parity business and the new business model should be ready by the Paris Air Show in Le Bourget in June.

    Sukhoi Civil Aircraft Company (SCAC) (75% owned by Sukhoi Holding Company, a subsidiary of Russia’s United aircraft Corporation (UAC) the rest 25% — by Italian Alenia Aermacch) is responsible for production of the jet and its sales in Russia, CIS, China, India, Middle East and South-Eastern Asia.

    Staff personnel training center for Sukhoi Superjet 100
    © Sputnik / Artem Zhitenev
    Staff personnel training center for Sukhoi Superjet 100

    SuperJet International (SJI), ((51% owned by Alenia, and the rest 49% — by Sukhoi Holding Company) is responsible for the customization and sales of SSJ-100 jets in Europe, America, Africa, Oceania and Japan.

    During the first half of 2014, SCAC’s debts amounted to $2.63 billion.

    SJI finances are not revealed but UAC losses in SJI in 2014 have totaled 653 million rubles ($12,671,373).

    In March, President Vladimir Putin earmarked a 100 billion ruble ($1.7 billion) capital boost to UAC to stimulate the production of passenger airliners.

    Thus, the newspaper says, the creation of a new company would be viable within Russia's jurisdiction.

    Related:

    Russian Aircraft Makers Plan to Sell Sukhoi Superjet-100 Planes in SE Asia
    Nepalese Airline to Order Russian Sukhoi Superjet-100 Planes
    Mexican Airline to Order Ten More Russian Sukhoi Superjet-100 Planes
    India's Suspended Sukhoi Su-30 Jets May Return to Service Next Week
    Indonesia Might Stock Up on More Sukhoi Superjet Passenger Planes
    Tags:
    financial loss, Sukhoi SuperJet-100 (SSJ-100), Sukhoi Holding Company, Alenia Aermacch, Russia’s United Aircraft Corporation (UAC), SuperJet International (SJI), Sukhoi Civil Aircraft Company (SCAC), Italy, Russia
    Community standardsDiscussion
    Comment via FacebookComment via Sputnik