The interview came a few days after the Taliban tried to seize the city of Kunduz in northern Afghanistan, but sustained heavy losses and retreated.
He recalled that the Afghan special forces held a mopping-up operation in Kunduz in recent days to drive Taliban militants out of the city.
According to him, "soldiers are carrying out the tasks with a maximum degree of professionalism".
"I want to note that the operation is fully supported by the locals and the country's civilian population on the whole. This factor is encouraging when it comes to the prospects for the fight against terrorism on Afghan territory," he said.
He added that there are no logistical problems pertaining to the special forces who he said get reinforcements when necessary.
"Also we provide support for the civilian population. All this activity is carried out in a planned manner, and there are no obstacles to it," he said.
On Monday, Taliban militants launched an offensive and managed to capture several areas in Kunduz, with local media reporting that the militants took control of the National Security Directorate building and headed towards the governor's administration office.
On Tuesday, media reports said that the center of Kunduz had been freed from the Taliban and that more than two dozens of militants had been killed in clashes with the Afghan security forces.
The security situation in Afghanistan deteriorated after the Taliban seized vast rural areas in this South Asian country and launched an offensive on major cities. The presence of the terrorist group Daesh has also significantly grown in Afghanistan in the past few years.
Kunduz is the most important administrative, military and strategic center in northern Afghanistan. In 2015, the city was seized by Taliban militants but was soon afterwards liberated by the Afghan military.