Listen Live
    A visitor plants an American flag at a vigil for the shooting victims of Orlando's Pulse nightclub in Orlando, Florida, United States June 13, 2016

    Orlando Shooter Warned of More Daesh Attacks in United States

    © REUTERS / Jim Young
    US
    Get short URL
    Orlando Gay Nightclub Massacre (77)
    935

    Omar Mateen, the man who carried out the deadliest mass shooting in US history earlier this month, threatened more attacks against the United States in Facebook messages, a lawmaker told Fox News.

    MOSCOW (Sputnik) – Mateen’s Facebook accounts were taken down, so the messages could not be viewed by the public, however, investigators were able to uncover some of them, Senate Homeland Security Chairman Ron Johnson said on Wednesday.

    "In the next few days you will see attacks from the Islamic state [Daesh] in the usa," one of Mateen’s messages said, according to Johnson.

    On June 12, 29-year-old Omar Mateen opened fire in The Pulse, a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida, killing 49 people and injuring 53 others. The FBI confirmed on Wednesday that the attack is being investigated as an act of terror.

    Mateen’s father, Seddique Mateen, said his son did not have ties to the Daesh terrorist group, banned in a range of countries worldwide, according to CNN.

    Mateen’s attack is the deadliest mass shooting in the history of the United States.

    Topic:
    Orlando Gay Nightclub Massacre (77)

    Related:

    Brzezinski Vision to Lure Soviets into ‘Afghan Trap’ Is Orlando’s Nightmare
    Ex-CIA Officer: FBI Failure to Prevent Orlando Terror Exposes Incompetence
    Scotland Stands Loud and Proud at Edinburgh Orlando Vigil
    Tags:
    attack, Daesh, United States, Orlando
    Community standardsDiscussion
    Comment via FacebookComment via Sputnik