MOSCOW (Sputnik) — Foreign ministers from the so-called Normandy Quartet, consisting of Ukraine, Russia, France and Germany, noted during their meeting on Friday that the withdrawal of weapons from the contact line in East Ukraine is proceeding on schedule, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said.
"We were pleased to note that the implementation of measures on the withdrawal of weapons under 100mm caliber and tanks is generally carried out in accordance with the schedule," Lavrov told reporters following the meeting.
A ceasefire has been in place in eastern Ukraine since September 1. Russian and German Foreign Ministries said earlier that the pact was holding.
A new deal was signed in late September 2015 to withdraw artillery under 100mm caliber from the line of engagement, first from the Luhansk region and then from the neighboring Donetsk. Under the accord, the sides had 41 days to fully withdraw such weapons.