MOSCOW (Sputnik) — The Afghan Independent Human Rights Commission (AIHRC) watchdog said on August 11 that the attack had been perpetrated by joint efforts of Daesh and Taliban terror groups (both outlawed in Russia).
"UNAMA verified allegations that Taliban and local self-proclaimed Islamic State / Daesh fighters killed at least 36 persons, including civilians and person hors de combat, during the attack on Mirza Olang. At least half of the killings took place on Saturday 5 August when Anti-Government Elements stopped families trying to escape the village, separated women and young children, and killed at least 18 people, both civilians and Pro-Government Militia who were hors de combat at the time of their killing. Others, including one woman, were reportedly shot while they tried to escape from the village," UNAMA said in a statement.
The organization was unable, however, to find evidence to substantiate the allegations of beheading, abductions of women and sexual violence, the statement added.
The AIHRC meanwhile put the number of those killed in the attack at 60, saying that eight others were injured and 471 families were displaced as a result of the deadly incident.
Afghanistan has long been suffering from significant political, social and security instability, aggravated by the activity of terrorist groups. The Afghan National Defense and Security Forces supported by the US-led coalition have been conducting joint operations to combat terrorism across the country.