UNITED NATIONS (Sputnik) — The armed conflict in Yemen had clearly resumed as the both sides reported ceasefire violations, including airstrikes and ground clashes, Dujarric said Monday.
"Both sides of a conflict reported violations, including airstrikes and ground clashes during the cessation of hostilities. The armed conflict, unfortunately, has clearly resumed," Stephane Dujarric told journalists.
During the cease fire, both sides to the conflict reported violations including airstrikes and ground clashes, Dujarric noted.
The main obstacle to the provision of humanitarian assistance in Yemen are bureaucratic impediments from all sides, Dujarric stated.
Earlier on Monday, Saudi-led coalition spokesman General Ahmed Assiri said the ceasefire in Yemen came to an end because Houthi rebels failed to comply with the conditions of the agreement.
The conflict between the Yemeni government and Houthi rebels, which has been ongoing since 2014, has caused a humanitarian catastrophe.
Houthi-led militants have seized control over large areas of the county, including Yemen's capital of Sanaa and a number of ports on the Red Sea.
According to a UN World Food Program report on Yemen issued on November 14, more than 21 million people, or 82 percent of the population, are in need of humanitarian assistance.