05:22 GMT +313 November 2019
Listen Live
    An anti-submarine rocket blasts off a rocket launcher from the Bulgarian navy frigate Drazki during the BREEZE 2014 military drill in the Black Sea on July 11, 2014

    Ukrainian Naval Forces Refute Claims of Postponement of US-Led NATO Drills

    © AFP 2019 / VELKO ANGELOV
    Europe
    Get short URL
    1211
    Subscribe

    The press service of the Ukrainian Naval Forces refuted the information that the naval phase of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) Sea Breeze-2016 military drill in the Black Sea will be postponed, noting that the drills will take place according to schedule on Monday.

    KIEV (Sputnik) — Earlier in the day, a military-diplomatic source told RIA Novosti that the naval phase of the NATO Sea Breeze-2016 military exercises has been postponed because of Ukraine’s ill-preparedness.

    The next phase of the US-led NATO Sea Breeze-2016 drills are due to kick off Monday in the Black Sea. The exercises involve 3,000 troops, including 2,000 from the United States, Turkey and Romania, 1,000 naval troops from Ukraine, as well as 25 warships.

    "Everything is going according to plan, there is no disruption, we are waiting for the arrival and the ships participating in the exercise are arriving according to the schedule," the press service told RIA Novosti.

    The next phase of the US-led NATO Sea Breeze-2016 drills was due to kick off Monday in the Black Sea. The exercises involve 3,000 troops, including 2,000 from the United States, Turkey and Romania, 1,000 naval troops from Ukraine, as well as 25 warships.

    Related:

    China to Launch Maritime Drills in South China Sea Late Monday
    Russian Troops Hold Flame-Assault Drills With Tajikistan’s Military
    Detained Turkish Soldiers Claim to Have Mistaken Coup Attempt for Drills
    Tags:
    Sea Breeze-2016, Ukrainian Naval Forces, NATO, Ukraine
    Community standardsDiscussion
    Comment via FacebookComment via Sputnik