04:46 GMT +319 July 2019
Listen Live
    A bouquet of flowers and a French flag is seen as people pay tribute near the scene where a truck ran into a crowd at high speed killing scores and injuring more who were celebrating the Bastille Day national holiday, in Nice, France, July 15, 2016.

    French Police Still Unable to Confirm Death of Russian Citizen in Nice

    © REUTERS / Pascal Rossignol
    Europe
    Get short URL
    Deadly Truck Attack in Nice (186)
    0 22

    French police have been unable to confirm the death of a Russia national believed to have died in the Nice truck attack, the Russian Consul General in Marseille, Sergey Molchanov, said Friday.

    NICE (Sputnik) — On Thursday night, a truck plowed into a crowd of people watching fireworks during Bastille Day celebrations in Nice, France, killing at least 84 people and injuring dozens of others.

    "French police have not confirmed the information about this woman's death, who was previously reported dead. Although, police do not disprove it either. Her parents hope she is alive," Molchanov told RIA Novosti adding that two other women from Russia are currently in a hospital.

    According to identification documents found inside the truck, the driver was a 31-year-old of Tunisian origin who lived in Nice. No group has yet claimed the responsibility for the attack in Nice.

    Topic:
    Deadly Truck Attack in Nice (186)

    Related:

    Nice Attack Suspect Had No Criminal Record in Tunisia - Source
    Paris Prosecutor Confirmed Nice Attacker's as Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel
    UN Security Council Holds Moment of Silence for Nice Victims
    Tags:
    Nice Truck Attack, Russia, France, Nice
    Community standardsDiscussion
    Comment via FacebookComment via Sputnik