Registration was successful!
Please follow the link from the email sent to

Nine People Die, 200 Get Food Poisoning at After-Church Feast in India

Subscribe
At least nine people died after eating rice and pork at an after-church holiday in the Indian state of Meghalaya.

A woman holds saris of companions taking holy dips at the confluence of the Bay of Bengal and Ganges River on Makar Sankranti festival in Gangasagar, India, Saturday, Jan. 14, 2017 - Sputnik International
Sari Smuggling Unravels Along India-Bangladesh Border
MOSCOW (Sputnik) — At least nine people died and over 200 got food poisoning after eating rice and pork at an after-church holiday in the Indian state of Meghalaya, local media reported Wednesday.

"Eight persons, including seven minors, died Tuesday due to food poisoning at Nongkya village," a district deputy commissioner said as quoted by The Indian Express newspaper.

According to the media outlet, another minor died on Monday in the town of Umsning.

The sick people were transferred to local hospitals, while the food samples have been sent to a health laboratory, the media outlet said citing healthcare officials.

Newsfeed
0
To participate in the discussion
log in or register
loader
Chats
Заголовок открываемого материала