WH Declines Comment on Medvedev Statement That Trump Broke Campaign Promises

© AFP 2022 / BRENDAN SMIALOWSKIA view of the White House in Washington, DC.
A view of the White House in Washington, DC. - Sputnik International
Subscribe
International
India
The White House did not agree to comment on the statement by the Russian prime minister, who said that the US president has broken his election campaign promises.

Aftermath of the US missile attack on the Syrian military airbase - Sputnik International
Fight Against Syrian Legitimate Gov't US Administration's Real Goal - Russian PM
WASHINGTON (Sputnik), Andrew Feinberg — The White House on Friday declined to respond to Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev’s comments that US President Donald Trump broke a campaign promise by launching a cruise missile strike in Syria without informing Congress.

"No comment," a spokesperson said when asked by Sputnik if the White House had any response to Medvedev’s comments.

In a statement posted to his Facebook page on Friday, Medvedev said "Nobody exaggerates the value of election promises but, after all, there are limits of decency followed by absolute lack of trust. Which is sad for our completely spoiled relations. And of course, perfect for terrorists."

Trump launched the cruise missile strikes against Syria’s al-Shayrat airfield late Thursday, just days after White House spokesperson Sean Spicer said US calls for regime change in Syria would look silly.

Spicer told reporters on March 4 that President Bashar Assad’s government is the current reality in Syria and it is up to the Syrian people to make a change.

In this image provided by the U.S. Navy, the guided-missile destroyer USS Porter (DDG 78) launches a tomahawk land attack missile in the Mediterranean Sea, Friday, April 7, 2017. - Sputnik International
Moscow, Damascus Accuse Washington of 'Blatant Act of Aggression' in Syria
The United States launched 59 Tomahawk cruise missiles at the Syrian military airfield in Ash Sha'irat near Homs late Thursday, April 6. US President Donald Trump said the attack was a response to the alleged chemical weapons use in Idlib province on Tuesday, April 4, which Washington blames on Damascus.

On April 4, the National Coalition for Syrian Revolutionary and Opposition Forces said some 80 people were killed and 200 injured earlier that day in a chemical weapons attack in Khan Shaykhun, Idlib province, blaming the Syrian army for the incident. The Syrian army rejected the accusations and blamed militants and their patrons for the attack. Russia's Defense Ministry said Syrian aircraft hit a militants' arms warehouse with chemical weapons to be delivered to Iraq.

Newsfeed
0
To participate in the discussion
log in or register
loader
Chats
Заголовок открываемого материала