Registration was successful!
Please follow the link from the email sent to

Ankara Denies Claims Civilians Killed in Turkey's Airstrikes Near Aleppo

Subscribe
The reports of civilian deaths in a Turkish air force strike near Syrian Aleppo are not true and are a provocation, the general staff of the Turkish armed forces said Wednesday.

ANKARA (Sputnik) – Earlier in the day Risan Haddou, a member of the Syrian Democratic Council told Sputnik that 28 people died and over 100 were injured in a Turkish airstrike in Al Bab in rural eastern Aleppo.

"Some media reports emerged with information that civilians were killed as a result of today’s aerial operation of the Turkish air force. This is an absolute provocation. The operation in the region is carried out extremely carefully, and airstrikes are carried out only after the selected targets have been confirmed several times," the general staff statement, obtained by RIA Novosti, read.

On August 24, the Euphrates Shield operation was launched by the Turkish army with support of US-led coalition aircraft to clear the Syrian border town of Jarablus and the surrounding area of the Daesh jihadist group, outlawed in Russia and many other countries. Following the move, Syrian Kurds and Damascus accused Ankara of violating Syria's territorial integrity.

Newsfeed
0
To participate in the discussion
log in or register
loader
Chats
Заголовок открываемого материала