* Moscow reiterated its support for Azerbaijan's territorial integrity in the wake of parliamentary elections in Nagorny Karabakh, a breakaway Azerbaijani region with a predominantly ethnic Armenian population.
* Georgia's rapprochement with Iran is not directed against other countries and will not affect relations with its strategic partners, specifically the United States, a Georgian deputy foreign minister said
* Deposed Kyrgyz President Kurmanbek Bakiyev said he had no plans to return from exile and denied any links to riots which continue to break out sporadically in the southern regions of the Central Asian country.
* Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin has urged the question of providing state financial aid for the restoration of the Raspadskaya coalmine in west Siberia to be considered within the next month, a first deputy prime minister said
* The Russian Baltic Fleet's amphibious assault landing ship RFS Kaliningrad set out on Monday for the Baltic and North seas, where it will hold military training, a spokesman for the Baltic Fleet said.