21:58 GMT +319 January 2020
Listen Live
    Russia
    Get short URL
    148
    Subscribe

    According to the Kremlin spokesman, all the proceeds from the privatization of 19.5 percent of the shares have been transferred to the Russian budget.

    TOKYO (Sputnik) — Rosneft CEO Igor Sechin has reported to Russian President Vladimir Putin that all the proceeds from the privatization of 19.5 percent of the shares of Russia's largest oil company have been transferred to the Russian budget, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said Friday.

    Rosneftegaz, the owner of a majority stake in Rosneft, said earlier on Friday that it had received money from the sale of 19.5 percent of Rosneft shares and was preparing to transfer 710.8 billion rubles ($11.5 billion) to the federal budget with account for instructions to avoid volatility in the country's currency market.

    "Sechin told Putin that all funds had been transferred from Rosneftegaz to the budget," Peskov said.

    Sechin reported to Putin on December 7 that preparation for the privatization of 19.5 percent of Rosneft's shares was over. On December 10 the transaction participants said the agreement was signed.

    The buyer was a consortium of Swiss trader Glencore and Qatar's sovereign wealth fund (Qatar Investment Authority). The sum of the transaction amounted to 692 billion rubles, or 10.2 billion euros. The budget was expected to receive, as a result, 710.8 billion rubles, or 10.5 billion euros.

    Related:

    Rosneft, Japanese Consortium Sign Deal to Explore Sea of Japan Fossil Fuels
    Japanese Investors Showed Interest in Buying 19.5% Rosneft Stake - Russian PM
    Russian Energy Minister Unaware of Potential Purchase of Rosneft Shares
    Putin, Emir of Qatar Mark Importance of Rosneft Stake Sale to Glencore, Qatar
    Tags:
    share, privatization, Rosneft, Kremlin, Peskov, Igor Sechin, Russia
    Community standardsDiscussion
    Comment via FacebookComment via Sputnik