The people behind the Moscow metro blasts and another attack in the Dagestani town of Kizlyar have been identified, Russia's anti-terrorist chief said on Tuesday.
"The circle of accomplices has been established," Alexander Bortnikov said.
Bortnikov, who is also the head of the Federal Security Service (FSB), added that the suspects were being sought.
Twin blasts at the Lubyanka and Park Kultury metro stations occurred on March 29, killing 40 people and injuring around 100. On March 31 two bombs rocked the town of Kizlyar in Russia's North Caucasus region of Dagestan, claiming 12 lives.
Bortnikov also said that 26 terrorists, including those involved in a deadly attack on a high-speed Moscow-St. Petersburg train in late 2009, had been eliminated and another 14 arrested. He did not give further details.
According to Bortnikov, the recent terrorist attacks in Moscow and the North Caucasus demonstrated the main terrorists' goal - to seed fear and destabilize the country.
"These attempts have no prospects as state security measures will be increased," he commented, adding that terrorists faced a "harsh" response.
MOSCOW, April 13 (RIA Novosti)