PERM, December 15 (RIA Novosti) - Two more victims of the horrific fire in a Russian nightclub 10 days ago have died, bringing the death toll to 148, an emergency service statement in the Perm Region, where the tragedy occurred, said.
A statement from the service said that a woman died at a hospital in the city of Chelyabinsk and another woman in a Moscow hospital, adding that 81 people still remained in hospitals.
The fire engulfed the Lame Horse nightclub in the west Urals city of Perm in the early hours of December 5 after an indoor fireworks display went awry.
The preliminary investigation revealed serious violations of fire safety regulations at the club.
The Perm fire was the deadliest Russia has seen in half a century. In 1961, a total of 110 people died in a fire that broke out in a wooden school in Chuvashia.