Orban told Russian newspaper Kommersant that he did not want to live in a Europe heading toward a new Cold War with Russia, making Europeans Russia's enemy.
The prime minister expressed his support for Russia's initiative on economic cooperation and free trade between the European Union and the Eurasian Economic Union.
- New sanctions imposed against Russia10.0% (180)
- Withdrawal of Ukrainian troops from Debaltseve46.6% (835)
- Execution of 21 Egyptian Copts by ISIL10.8% (194)
- Vladimir Putin’s visit to Hungary24.4% (438)
- First humans chosen for mission to Mars8.2% (147)
Relations between the European Union and Russia severely deteriorated in 2014 amid Western accusations of Russian involvement in the Ukrainian conflict.
The European Union, as well as the United States and some other nations imposed several rounds of anti-Russia sanctions. Moscow, denying all the accusations, has responded with a year-long food ban on the countries that introduced the sanctions.