* OPEC President and Kuwaiti Energy Minister Sheikh Ahmad Fahd al-Sabah will meet with Russian Industry and Energy Minister Viktor Khristenko and Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov.
* Russian Regional Development Minister Vladimir Yakovlev will hold a session on the implementation of the national project Affordable and Comfortable Housing and the Housing federal target program in the Far East Federal District (12:00 p.m.).
* The Russian Federal Forestry Agency will host a news conference on the results of aerospace monitoring of Russia's forest reserves in 2005 and measures against illegal tree felling (12:00 p.m.).
* The Federal Agency for Culture and Cinematography will host a news briefing on the federal target program on culture development for 2006-2010 (5:00 p.m.).
* Chairman of the Russian Central Election Commission Alexander Veshnyakov will hold a news conference on the results of elections in the Russian Federation members in 2005 (Interfax, 12:30 p.m.).
* RIA Novosti will host a news conference with President of the Effective Policy Fund Gleb Pavlovsky on the political results of 2005 (12:00 p.m.).
* The Council of the Moscow Chamber of Attorneys will consider disbarring Albert Mkrtychev, an attorney for former Yukos CEO Mikhail Khodorkovsky.
* The Moscow Zamoskvoretsky Court will consider an appeal by Platon Lebedev's lawyers against the transfer of their client to a penal colony in the Yamal-Nenets Autonomous Area.
* A news conference of the committee for Sochi's bid to host the 2012 Winter Olympics will be held (10:00 a.m.). President of the Russian Olympic Committee Leonid Tyagachyov and Head of the Federal Agency for Physical Culture and Sport Vyacheslav Fetisov will attend.
* Father Frost (Russian Santa Claus) will arrive in Moscow after a tour of Russia. Moscow Mayor Yury Luzhkov will traditionally greet him.
* Russian Transportation Minister Igor Levitin will arrive in St. Petersburg.
* The Russian figure-skating championships will open (until December 29).
* Russian-Japanese consultations on UN reform will be held at the level of deputy foreign ministers.
RIA Novosti holds a full copyright for all its published materials. Upon any republication of RIA Novosti materials reference to RIA Novosti is mandatory.