* A government session will be held.
* The Interior Ministry will host a news briefing on the fight against criminal associations of the ministry's department against organized crime and terrorism at 11.00 a.m.
* RIA Novosti will host the following news conferences:
- with chairman of the State Duma (the lower house of parliament) committee for CIS and compatriot affairs Andrei Kokoshin on the situation around South Ossetia at 11.00 a.m.;
- on problems of charter flights during the high tourist season at 1.00 p.m.
* A Moscow court will consider the case of lawyer Igor Smykov, who is petitioning for the ban of The Simpsons on Ren TV or to reschedule the show in a later time slot. The lawyer says the series is harmful to children.
* Belgian Defense Minister Andre Flahaut, currently on state business in Russia, will inspect the 15th motorized rifle peacekeeping brigade in Samara in the Volga area. This is the first Russian brigade that meets NATO standards.
* The Russian rowing slalom championships and the international extreme sports competitions will open in Losevo in the Leningrad region, on the Vuoksa River and run through August 7. Athletes from 30 Russian cities and 15 countries will participate in the events.
* The UN office in Tbilisi will host a Georgian-Abkhazian meeting on the elaboration of international security guarantees in the conflict zone. Georgian Minister for Separatist Conflicts Georgy Khaindrava, Abkhazian Foreign Minister Sergei Shamba and UN special representative to Georgia Heidi Tagliavini will attend the meeting.
* Russian Agriculture Minister Alexei Gordeyev, currently in Norway, will visit a fish farm and the Norwegian Herring Sales Association in Bergen.
RIA Novosti holds the copyright for all its published materials. Reference to RIA Novosti is mandatory upon republication of RIA Novosti materials.