* Russian President Vladimir Putin will chair an extended session of the State Council on the topic, Ways to Improve the Federative Policy.
The second day of the celebrations of the 750th anniversary of the foundation Kaliningrad (a Russian exclave on the Baltic Sea) will be held under the slogan, The Russian City in Central Europe.
* Russian Prime Minister Mikhail Fradkov will meet with Chinese President Hu Jintao, who is currently in Moscow on an official visit.
* The Russian Party of Life will organize a festival, Life Is Beautiful! (14.00).
* The Republican Party of Russia will hold a two-day all-Russia conference on a new program and plan for unifying the democratic opposition (10.00).
* The first working session of the Federal Council of the Yabloko, a democratic party, will open (July 2-3). There are plans to outline the medium-term political course, discuss inter-party projects and cooperation with public organizations in Russian regions. The press will not be admitted to the first day of the session (17.00).
* The State Academic Youth Theater will host the opening ceremony of the Summer Ballet Festival and the premiere of the ballet La Bayadere staged at the Russian National Theater (19.00).
* A concert as part of the international campaign LIVE 8 against poverty, social tension and epidemics in third world countries will be held near Red Square (17.00-23.00).
* The two-day celebrations of the 145th anniversary of the foundation of Vladivostok will open. The program includes a conference of mayors. First Deputy Mayor Yuri Roslyak heads the Moscow delegation.
GALI, ABKHAZIA, GEORGIA
* A trilateral meeting on the restoration of railway traffic between Russia and Georgia via Abkhazia (a self-proclaimed republic in Georgia) will open.
* The Tour de France will begin (July 2-24).
RIA Novosti holds a full copyright for all its published materials. Upon any republication of RIA Novosti materials reference to RIA Novosti is mandatory.