The Russian Information Agency Novosti begins Hotline coverage for Thursday, May 13, 2004.
* The federal government holds one of its regular sessions, Prime Minister Mikhail Fradkov chairing.
* The federal Constitutional Court will announce its resolution after checking constitutional compliance of a Pskov regional bylaw on territory and population protection from natural calamities and man-caused emergencies.
* Ukrainian-Russian negotiations on demarcating the Sea of Azov and the Black Sea exclusive economic zones, and using the Kerch Strait are opening its 19th round.
* The Taxation Ministry is arranging a news conference on, "Summing Up Initial Achievements of Registrar/Fiscal Bodies in the Government Registration of Individual Entrepreneurs to Implement the 'One Window' Concept".
* The Federation Council, parliament's upper house, hosts the following:
- a Council foreign affairs committee session on, "Russia and the European Union Enlargement". Richard Wright, European Commission Russian office head, and Justin Hartman, Irish Ambassador to Russia, are expected to attend. Room 802a. 2 p.m.;
- roundtable, "On the Development of Smaller Power Industrial Projects";
- roundtable, "Developmental Issues of Public Territorial Self-government and Problems of Amending Its Legislative Basis in the Context of Adopting the Federal Law, On General Organisational Principles of Local Self-government in the Russian Federation".
* The Council of the State Duma, parliament's lower house, holds session.
* The Open Forum club gathers for an emergency session on, "Chechnya after President Ahmad Kadyrov's Violent Death: Present Developments and Prospects to Overcome the Crisis".
* RIA Novosti Press Club, 4 Zubovsky Blvd., 6th floor (accreditation telephones 201-5019, 201-3968, 201-4567) offers the following news conferences:
- on the establishment of the New Rights political party, which is holding an inaugural congress in Moscow, May 22-23;
- on a 2nd awarding gala of the national GLORY sport prize.
* Uri Olenik, Director General of the Ministry of Communications, Israel, addresses a news conference.
* Oleg Tolkachev, Federation Council member and second in charge of its committee for economic policies, private enterprise and property holding, addresses a news conference.
* Vadim Pokrovsky, head of the Federal Anti-AIDS Centre, addresses a news conference, "AIDS: from Hope to Miracle".
* Ukrainian and Russian football veterans meet on an international Valeri Lobanovsky memorial contest.
* The OECD Council has a ministerial session. German Gref, Russia's Minister of Economic Development and Trade, is taking part.
RIA Novosti holds a full copyright for all its published materials. Upon any republication of RIA Novosti materials reference to RIA Novosti is mandatory.