In particular, the first lady inspected the restoration of the school building.
The school was built in 1912-1915 to teach traditional folk crafts to children. About 70 girls from different Russian regions studied there at that time. They painted frescoes of the school church in the Novgorod style.
The building was given to the folk arts school and is under reconstruction today. Lyudmila Putin made her contribution into the reconstruction, too. Some years ago, she granted her Jacob Grimm Prize to the school.