The Russian Information Agency Novosti begins Hotline coverage for Friday, February 6th, 2004.
* Official negotiations between Russian President Vladimir Putin and President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev will be held in the Kremlin.
* Ilham Aliyev will hold a number of meetings with representatives of the Russian leadership, including meetings with prime minister Mikhail Kasyanov, chairmen of the upper and lower houses of the Russian parliament, Federation council speaker Sergei Mironov and State Duma chairman Boris Gryzlov.
* The Russian Central election commission will consider the issue of registration of Sergei Mironov as a Russian Federation presidential candidate.
* Press conference of Aleksander Neradko, first deputy minister of transport of the Russian Federation and head of the State Civil Aviation Service (SCAC) will be held on the subject of "Performance of Russian civil aviation in 2003 and objectives for the forthcoming period."
* The Russian Supreme Court expects to return to consideration of Viktor Gerashenko claim related to refusal of the Central Election commission to register him as a Russian presidential candidate.
* Philippe Kirsch, chairman of the International Criminal court and Anatoly Kolodkin, chairman of the Russian academy of international law will hold a press conference on the subject of "International criminal court and national legislation: questions and prospects."
* Environment and Human Settlements Division of the European Economic commission together with the Federal Land Cadaster Service will hold an international meeting on "Review of land resources management in Russia."
* The Moscow Carnegie centre will hold the seminar "Diversification of Russian gas export routes."
* The XXII International Opera festival by F.Shalyapin will start its work The festival will present such operas as "Boris Godunov", "Tosca", Nabucco", "Pearl Searchers", Aida" in which 54 soloists from Austria, Bulgaria, Germany, Italy, Romania, the Netherlands, Russia, South Korea as well as Ukraine, Moldavia and Lithuania will perform.
* The Traditional international winter festival "Gyperborea-2004" will be opened there. Festival organisers expect arrival of guest participants from various Russian regions, as well as from Sweden, Norway and Finland.
* Russian vice-premier and finance minister Aleksei Kudrin and Sergei Ignatiyev, head of the Russian central Bank will attend the forthcoming 2-day meeting of finance ministers and chairmen of central banks of "the Eight".
* Russian defence minister Sergei Ivanov will visit Germany (6-8 February). In the course of the visit he will participate in the work of the 40th International conference on matters of security policy and defence, will hold a number of meetings, including the meeting with Jaap de Hoop Scheffer, NATO Secretary General, Donald Rumsfeld, US Secretary of Defence and Peter Schtruk, German defence minister.
RIA Novosti holds a full copyright for all its published materials. Upon any republication of RIA Novosti materials reference to RIA Novosti is mandatory.