The Russian Information Agency Novosti begins hotline coverage for Wednesday, February 4, 2004.
* The Russian Education Ministry will host a meeting of the Coordination Council on the implementation of the concept of the Russian education modernization till 2010. The experiment on the introduction of the common state examination will be at issue.
* The President Hotel will host the Russian-German forum on the organization of medium-sized and small business.
* The Social Information Agency (St. Petersburg) will present its research "The European project. European citizens on the draft of the EU Constitution. Prospects for Russian-European relations."
* Heads of the Rosenergoatom concern will hold a press conference on the main results of their 2003 activities and prospects for the development of Russia's nuclear branch.
* The 8th World Orthodox People's Forum will continue its work.
SVERDLOVSK REGION (THE URALS)
* Russian Atomic Energy Minister Alexander Rumyantsev will start a two-day routine trip to nuclear power plants of the Sverdlovsk region to discuss social and production issues of their activity.
* The 16th Congress of the European People's Party will open in Brussels. It is dedicated to preparations for the European parliamentary elections scheduled for June 2004. Over 700 delegates will participate in the Congress of the European People's Party uniting 64 European right and right-centrist parties. The delegation of the United Russia party will be headed by Valery Bogomolov, the secretary of the United Russia general council and first deputy head of the party faction in the State Duma.
* The council of the European Space Agency (ESA) at the level of ministers will consider the launch of Russia's Soyuz carrier rockets from Kourou, the French Guiana space center.
* A two-day regional counter-terrorist session at the level of ministers will open in Bali. Representatives of 23 countries of the Asia-Pacific region will participate in it. Deputy Foreign Minister Andrei Denisov heads the Russian delegation.
Chairman of the Federation Council international committee Mikhail Margelov, currently in the USA, will hold meetings in the US Senate and Congress.
DefExpo India-2004, the international arms exhibition, will open in New Delhi. Russia will present modern air defense means and helicopters.
RIA Novosti holds a full copyright for all its published materials. Upon any republication of RIA Novosti materials reference to RIA Novosti is mandatory.