The State Department claims they have not been able to verify reports of a deadly attack on a mobile Russian military hospital in Syria’s northern city of Aleppo, Department of State spokesman Mark Toner told reporters Monday.
"I’ve seen the reports. We’ve not been able to confirm; it’s difficult to do obviously given the fighting and given the lack of access to what’s happened on the ground," Toner said at a briefing.
He added, however, that Washington would condemn “any attack on the hospital or health care facility” if reports prove true.
There have been 2 deaths reported so far, in addition to another individual who is gravely injured.
Russia has urged the international community to condemn the attacks and resulting deaths of Russian doctors in Aleppo.
"All perpetrators and all those who ordered the shelling of the Russian Defense Ministry's hospital in Aleppo must be held accountable for their actions," Russian spokesman Maj. Gen. Igor Konashenkov said.