MOSCOW (Sputnik) – There are no more four-way meetings between the countries that brokered a peace deal between Kiev and the eastern Ukraine militias planned for the rest of this year, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said Monday, reiterating calls for Kiev to implement the Minsk deal.
"There are contacts, but so far no agreed formats of communication [including by phone]," Peskov told reporters.
Deputy Foreign Minister Grigory Karasin suggested earlier in December that a meeting between Russian, German, French and Ukrainian foreign ministers might take place before the end of 2015.
Peskov noted "once again with great regret the lack of any progress" in implementing the Minsk ceasefire agreement.
"In this case, only Kiev can set in motion the situation regarding the implementation of the Minsk agreements," he underscored. "There is no room for any interpretation, everything is clearly written in black and white on paper."
However, no progress on the issue has been made so far, Peskov said.
Ukraine, Russia, France and Germany reached the Minsk agreement in February, almost a year after Kiev launched in April 2014 a military offensive against eastern Ukrainian militias who refused to recognize the country's new leadership that came to power after a coup.