“All of the work at the Malaysian Boeing crash site is almost done, the wreckage has been removed, the areas where the engines burned have been cleansed. I think that all of the work will be complete tomorrow,” Alexander Kostrubitsky told RIA Novosti.
He added that all of the wreckage found has already been loaded into trucks and will be sent to Kharkiv.
“Three trucks have already been loaded with wreckage, after the work is over, the international experts plan to take them to Kharkiv,” Kostrubitsky said.
On July 17, 2015, Malaysia Airlines flight MH17, en route from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur, crashed near Donetsk, killing all 298 people on board. Kiev forces and independence supporters trade blame for the tragedy.
The investigation into the crash is being led by the Dutch Safety Board. According to a September preliminary report, the plane was hit by multiple high-energy objects causing it to break up mid-air. The final report on the crash is due by October 2015.
Earlier in April DPR said that the Emergencies Ministry of the self-proclaimed people's republic removed about 2 metric tons of wreckage consisting mostly of small pieces from the crash site.