Updated 10:06 p.m. Moscow time.
NEW YORK, September 26 (RIA Novosti) - Moscow will do everything possible to assist in coordinating a successful dialogue between Kiev and self-proclaimed Donetsk and Luhansk people's republics," Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said Friday.
"The dialogue goes on, nobody is rejecting it, no matter what the say in Kiev or in Donetsk and Luhansk. They are coordinating further steps in the framework of Minsk accords," Lavrov told reporters on the sidelines of the current UN General Assembly session in New York.
"We are actively supporting this, and we will do everything possible to ensure the continuation of these talks and their productivity," Lavrov said.
On September 5, the Contact Group on Ukraine, comprising representatives from Ukraine, Russia and the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE), had a meeting in the Belarusian capital of Minsk. The sides signed a 12-point protocol that among other things entails the adoption by Ukraine of a law on special status for the Donetsk and Luhansk regions.
As a result of the meeting, the representatives of Kiev and the self-proclaimed republics of Luhansk and Donetsk agreed to a ceasefire.
Another round of talks among the group's members, held in Minsk last week, resulted in the adoption of a nine-point memorandum, specifying the ceasefire.
Moscow has repeatedly highlighted the importance of a comprehensive dialogue between the sides of Ukrainian conflict and expressed hope that the parties would come to an agreement and follow the steps outlined in Minsk memorandum.