MOSCOW, August 11 (RIA Novosti) – The self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) is planning a large-scale offensive against the “totally demoralized” Ukrainian army as the claims of Donetsk encirclement are a “mere bluff”, the DPR press service said on Monday, citing the region’s prime minister.
“Alexander Zakharchenko has announced that, given the complete demoralization of the Ukrainian army in the combat zones, the DPR army is planning a large-scale offensive. He also stressed that the comments by Ukrainian forces suggesting the capital of the republic [Donetsk] is encircled and blocked are nothing but a mere bluff,” the statement said.
The premier has also confirmed the existence of serious problems with humanitarian deliveries to the region. He underlined that the independence forces were ready for a ceasefire only along the humanitarian corridors to be established in the combat zones.
“The militia will fight until victory,” Zakharchenko was quoted as saying.
Earlier on Monday, the Kiev authorities urged the residents of Donetsk and Luhansk in the country’s east to leave the cities, saying they are preparing an assault on positions, defended by armed militia.