The Egyptian Tourism Ministry closed all beaches in the resort of Sharm el Sheikh after another deadly shark attack on a tourist, Egyptian media said.
On Sunday, a shark killed a German woman tourist snorkeling off Sharm el-Sheikh, a popular diving destination. This was a third attack of the sharks for this week. One Ukrainian and three Russian tourists were mauled by sharks on Tuesday and Wednesday off the coast of Sharm el Sheikh. Two Russian women aged 70 and 48 and 54-old man lost their hands and received other injuries and are currently being treated in a Cairo hospital.
The beaches will be closed until a danger of further attacks by sharks is not completely eliminated.
The country's Ecology Ministry created a special commission to investigate into the causes brought sharks into the region and their elimination.
Two sharks suspected of the first two attacks were caught earlier this week. Some experts said uncontrolled fishing in popular diving areas had left sharks without food and forced them to attack people.
The new instructions, drawn up for local hotels and diving centers intended to ensure security of tourists, order the authorities to evacuate people from unsecure areas if a shark would be reported and search the sea. Feeding sharks with meat, which is common among divers, will be strictly prohibited.
Egyptian authorities have expressed hope that the attacks on swimmers will not scare tourists away from Red Sea resorts.
Tourism accounts for more than 11 percent of Egypt's GDP, 40 percent of the country's non-commodity exports and over 19 percent of foreign currency revenues.
CAIRO, December 5 (RIA Novosti)