Hong Kong police have arrested a man suspected of carrying out an acid attack that injured 30 people, the BBC reported on Sunday.
The attack was carried out on Saturday when two bottles, apparently containing corrosive liquid, were thrown to a pedestrian zone in Hong Kong from a nearby building. Nine foreign tourists and a child were among those injured in the attack.
The BBC said the man was detained after being spotted on a rooftop near the scene of Saturday's attack.
The man arrested by the police was found hiding on a roof by the scene of the attack in a busy shopping street in the Mong Kok district, with lids that fitted the bottles thrown, the BBC said, referring to a police spokesman.
Last year over 100 people were injured in a series of similar attacks. Police has earlier offered a reward of $190,000 for useful information on the attacks.
HONG KONG, January 10 (RIA Novosti)