LONDON, September 26 (RIA Novosti) -British Foreign Secretary David Miliband has refused to exclude the possibility of a military strike against Iran over its nuclear program.
Speaking to the BBC, he stated that London was "100% committed" to diplomacy. However, he declined to confirm that military action was "inconceivable."
"I always say to people look at what I do say, not at what I don't say and what I do say is that we are 100% focused on a diplomatic resolution of this question," he said.
Earlier this week Iran told the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) about a partially-built second uranium enrichment plant. The revelation prompted condemnation from Western powers, which suspect Iran of pursuing a covert atomic weapons program. Iran says that its nuclear program is aimed at generating peaceful civilian energy.
Iran's nuclear chief said on Saturday that Tehran would allow the UN's nuclear watchdog to inspect the newly revealed plant. Ali Akbar Salehi told Iranian television the date for the visit had yet to be agreed on.
Miliband also refused to speculate on whether Israel would launch an attack on the Islamic Republic, adding however that "no sane person" would want an armed conflict with Iran over its nuclear program.
U.S. President Barack Obama also refused to rule out force on Saturday, saying that, "We do not rule out any options when it comes to U.S. security interests."