Qin Gang said that during a visit by Chinese Deputy Foreign Minister Wu Dawei to the country December 17-19, Pyongyang reiterated its readiness to comply with a deal made with China, the United States, South Korea, Russia and Japan that North Korea would decommission all of its nuclear facilities in Yongbyon and submit a complete list of its nuclear programs by the end of the year.
"North Korea confirmed its compliance with the commitments made at the talks," Qin Gang said.
North Korea's Central Telegraph Agency circulated a statement in early December confirming Pyongyang's commitments and urging the other negotiating parties to fulfill their promises on political and economic concessions, such as deleting the Communist state from the U.S. list of countries supporting terrorism and deliveries of fuel oil for North Korean thermal power plants.
"China hopes all interested parties will abide by the quid pro quo principle," the Chinese diplomat said.
During his visit Wu Dawei visited the Yongbyon nuclear plant and met with North Korean officials.
North Korea has already received a total of 100,000 tons of heavy fuel oil from South Korea and China for shutting down five nuclear facilities earlier in the year under the February 13 aid-for-denuclearization deal.