KIEV, April 17 (RIA Novosti) - Ukraine's Constitutional Court has decided to study a presidential decree ordering the dissolution of parliament continuously, from April 17 through 27, until a final ruling is passed, a court resolution said Tuesday.
The decision was upheld by 11 out of 18 justices.
Viktor Yushchenko signed the decree to dissolve the Supreme Rada April 2 after 11 opposition members defected to the ruling coalition. The parliament and government dominated by the prime minister refused to obey the order and referred it to the Constitutional Court.
Yushchenko said the political crisis in Ukraine is unlikely to be solved through the use of force after negotiations with European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso Tuesday.
He said he is ready to accept any ruling from the Constitutional Court.
Ukraine's prime minister said earlier Tuesday he does not rule out the possibility of impeachment if the Court finds the presidential decree in breach of the Constitution.
"If the Constitutional Court rules against the president, this will have negative consequences for President [Viktor] Yushchenko, including impeachment," Viktor Yanukovych said in Strasbourg following his meeting with Rene van der Linden, president of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE)
Yanukovych told parliamentarians in the Council of Europe that hope for a political resolution to the crisis was still alive.
"[The solution] is obvious for the government and parliament - acting in accordance with the Constitution and abiding by a Constitutional Court ruling while continuing negotiations," he said in his address to the PACE.
He said the conflicting parties in Ukraine could reach a compromise soon.
"We are continuing our dialogue and search for a compromise with President Yushchenko, and we are hopeful that we will soon find a joint solution," the Ukrainian premier told European parliamentarians
Both Yushchenko and Yanukovych said previously they are ready to abide by the court decision, whatever it may be. Yushchenko told journalists Monday he would not backtrack on his decree, but admitted there was a possibility of delaying elections.