13 May 2010, 18:10

Terrorists behind Moscow subway blasts killed

Terrorists behind Moscow subway blasts killed

Russia’s special services have identified people involved in the recent Moscow subway blasts, Federal Security Service chief Alexander Bortnikov told president Medvedev on Thursday.

Russia’s special services have identified people involved in the recent Moscow subway blasts, Federal Security Service chief Alexander Bortnikov told president Medvedev on Thursday. 40 people were killed and at least 100 injured when twin suicide blasts hit the Lubyanka and Park Kultury stations on  March 29. Russia’s government ordered to find all involved in the terrorist act. The investigation has significantly progressed. Last week, the police found a flat in the Moscow region hired by accomplices of the female suicide-bombers.

One of them was a 22-year-old Akhmed Rabadanov from Dagestan. The FSS chief Alexander Bortnikov says:"All members of the group behind the Moscow blasts have been identified- both executors and masterminds. Three members of the criminal group were killed while resisting  arrest.  One of the  killed  had accompanied the suicide bombers on their way to Moscow from Dagestan", Bortnikov said. "The terrorists offered fierce armed resistance and were eliminated", he added. The investigation is still underway. Bortnikov said militants should remember that their names are known and anyone involved in terrorism will be punished.

  •  
    and share via