13:55 GMT +323 September 2019
Listen Live
    Videoclub

    Vodka Saves Poisoned Cat From Certain Death

    Videoclub
    Get short URL
    2144
    Subscribe

    This poor kitty was accidentally poisoned with car brake fluid, which could be lethal for her. Luckily, vets knew exactly what the emergency called for – a ‘vodka drip!’

    Princess, a seven-year-old cat, got covered in brake fluid and poisoned herself after trying to lick off the potentially fatal liquid. The kitty's owner immediately took her to the hospital. Veterinarians rushed to the nearest liquor store to buy a bottle of high alcohol content vodka, which can counteract the effects of ethylene glycol, the poisonous chemical in brake fluid, if given to a pet quickly after ingestion.

    In the video, lucky Princess is seen during a check-up at the Blue Cross Victoria animal hospital after her life-saving treatment.

    Related:

    Pooh the Cat and Four Other Animals Saved by Bionics
    Moscow Firefighters Revive Feline Fire Victim With Oxygen Mask
    Couple Saves Frozen Kitty Stuck in Ice
    Tags:
    video, vodka, poisoning, animal, cat, London, United Kingdom
    Community standardsDiscussion
    Comment via FacebookComment via Sputnik

    More videos