07:26 GMT +328 March 2017
Live
    A portion of Russian Embassy complex in in Washington. File photo

    Man Found Dead in Russian Consulate in New York Served as Duty Commander

    © AP Photo/ J. Scott Applewhite
    US
    Get short URL
    1124428

    A member of the Russian Consulate General in Manhattan was found dead on Tuesday.

    NEW YORK (Sputnik) — A man that was found dead on in Russian Consulate General in Manhattan was a duty commander, Vice-Consul Anton Deviatkin told Sputnik on Tuesday.

    "The duty commander was found dead around 7:00 a.m. this morning," Deviatkin said.

    An investigation is underway into the man's death, and the first results of the probe are expected as early as this week, New York Police Department spokesman John Davis told Sputnik.

    "First results of the ongoing investigation may be announced later this week," Davis said.

    Violent death was ruled out as a probable cause, the Consulate spokesperson announced in a Facebook statement on Tuesday.

    "An American physician that was admitted to the Consulate’s building clearly ruled out signs of a violent death," the statement said. "The cause of the incident is being determined now by medical examiners."

    Related:

    Russian Embassy in US Confirms Death of Employee of Consulate in New York
    Tags:
    US police, Anton Deviatkin, Russia
    Community standardsDiscussion
    Comment via FacebookComment via Sputnik
    • Сomment

    All comments

    • avatar
      double bonus
      Might be the first casualty of US Election Anxiety!
      Careful not to take the Presidential Election too seriously, folks.
      At best, the President can only influence less than 10% of what he focuses on. The other 90% is done by longer-term civil service or military workers.

      However, a she-Pres may cause preemptive Thermonuclear ICBM Launch Issues, so be ready to evacuate to Antarctica at a moments notice, with your private jet fueled and ready to go, at all times; if Hillary happens to win, somehow?
    Show new comments (0)