01:06 GMT22 October 2020
Listen Live
    US
    Get short URL
    3125
    Subscribe

    Fox News has cancelled its March 21 Republican presidential debate in Salt Lake City, Utah after frontrunner Donald Trump said they would not attend, Fox News local affiliate reported on Wednesday.

    WASHINGTON (Sputnik) — The decision was made following a phone conversations between Fox News Channel and the Republican National Committee, Fox 13 Salt Lake City reported.

    However, the Fox affiliate said citing Utah Republican Party officials the news outlet decided to cancel the presidential debate after Ohio Governor John Kasich said he also planned to back out.

    During an interview with Fox News earlier on Wednesday, Trump said he would not take part in the next Republican debate because he was scheduled to give a major speech that same day.

    Trump has won a majority of the Republican presidential primaries and caucuses to date. On Tuesday, he claimed victories in the primary contests in three major US states — Florida, North Carolina and Illinois.

    Related:

    Petition Launched for Jerry Springer to Host the Next GOP Debate
    Republican Candidates All But Bring Out the Measuring Tape at GOP Debate
    Donald Trump Wins Republican Primaries in North Carolina, Illinois
    Marco Rubio Suspends Presidential Campaign After Landslide Defeat by Trump
    Tags:
    pullout, election, debate, 2016 US Presidential Run, John Kasich, Donald Trump, United States
    Community standardsDiscussion