At least eight people were killed during a truck attack in New York City on October 31. The incident is being investigated as terrorism.
In the wake of the deadly terror attack in New York, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and US President Donald Trump spoke resolved to jointly tackle terrorism with renewed determination.
Daesh said that the attacker in the deadliest terrorist attack in New York since 9/11, is a member of the terrorist organisation.
The US president has shared his views on the possible punishment for the New York attack perpetrator.
On Tuesday, a vehicular attack took place in Manhattan, leaving eight dead and 11 others injured. Ryan Nash assigned to the 1st Precinct was one of the first police officers on the scene. He fired a shot and stopped the attacker who drove a rental truck a mile down a bike path in Manhattan.
Following Tuesday’s truck ramming attack that killed eight, the worst terror attack in New York City since 9/11, activist Cindy Sheehan explained to Sputnik Radio’s Loud & Clear, “After the events of 9/11, the US set out on its own program of terror around the world,” and now the effects are coming back to haunt the US.
The FBI and New York Police Department officials announced Wednesday afternoon that they were looking for a second person of interest linked to Tuesday's Lower Manhattan truck attack that killed eight and left several others injured, but shortly afterwards in a press conference they were no longer seeking him.
Federal prosecutors have charged Sayfullo Saipov, a 29-year-old accused of a lethal vehicular attack in Lower Manhattan October 31, with terrorism. The suspect told investigators he planned the attack in advance and rented a truck to practice the violent act, US officials said Wednesday evening.
The US will consider treating Manhattan truck attack suspect Sayfullo Saipov, 29, as an "enemy combatant" moving forward, White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Wednesday.
John Kiriakou, a former CIA counterterrorism officer, spoke with Radio Sputnik about lone wolf attacks in the wake of the truck-ramming attack in Manhattan that has claimed the lives of eight becoming the deadliest attack in New York City since 9/11.
The identity of the suspect in the Manhattan attack has been confirmed earlier in the day as Sayfullo Saipov, 29, an Uzbek national.
A 29-year-old Uzbek national used a truck to ram into people in New York on Tuesday. At least eight persons lost their lives. The authorities are treating the incident as a terrorist attack. It has become one of the deadliest on US soil since 2010.
News agencies report the suspected terrorist Sayfullo Saipov - 29 years old and an Uzbek national - left a note claiming allegiance to Daesh. Identified as a lonewolf extremist, the suspect killed eight and injured eleven by driving a pick-up truck down a bicycle path while screaming "Allahu Akbar" ("God is Great" in Arabic) according to witnesses.
Nine have been killed, and eleven injured after a truck ploughed down pedestrians and cyclists on Tuesday, November 1. The New York attack has been named the most lethal attack since 9/11.
According to New York Mayor Bill de Blasio, authorities do not see any additional specific or credible threats against the city.
On Tuesday, a man plowed a truck into pedestrians and cyclists in New York City. The incident which is being investigated as an act of terrorism has killed eight people and injured 11. Sputnik has compiled several clips into one video showing what happened in Manhattan.
A vehicular attack that took place in New York City on Tuesday killed eight and injured 11.
On Tuesday, a man drove a truck through a bike path in Manhattan, leaving eight people killed and 11 injured. The attacker has been identified as Uzbek national Sayfullo Saipov. According to the NYPD Commissioner, it appears that the attack was made "in the name of ISIS."
Eight people lost their lives in New York City on Tuesday when a 29 year-old man in a rented truck drove down a busy bicycle path near the World Trade Center in Manhattan.
A truck attack that took place in New York on Tuesday has left eight people dead, thus becoming one of the worst attacks on American soil in the last seven years.
A vehicular attack took place in New York City on Tuesday, killing eight and injuring 11. The attacker who is now in custody has been identified as a 29-year-old Uzbek national. The incident is being investigated as an act of terrorism.