Using a propane torch, a man from Tucson, Arizona, tried to remove spiders and their webs from underneath his mobile home on October 15. However, something went wrong, and the trailer caught on fire, forcing the man and an elderly woman out of it during the night.
According to local media reports, it took 11 minutes for the Tucson fire brigade of 23 firefighters to put out the blaze. There were no injuries reported except for the woman who suffered some bruising when she was evacuated from the burning home by her son and neighbors.
Jokes about burning down a house just to kill an eight-legged nightmare have been popular online for a while; however, it should be noted that there are safer, more effective and humane ways to get rid of a spider than using an open flame.
I just walked into a spider web in the dark & im ready to burn my house down now gbye— Rachel Ander$on (@CatLady_Rachel) 18 октября 2017 г.
Really sad because a huge spider just crawled into my favourite blanket so now I have to burn it— Lydia Watson (@lydia_watson42) 17 октября 2017 г.