01:38 GMT +322 July 2017
Live
    Gazprom building in Moscow

    Gazprom-Wintershall Joint Venture Starts Oil Production in Danish North Sea

    © Sputnik/ Maksim Blinov
    Russia
    Get short URL
    0 1120159

    According to the company press release, Wintershall Noordzee B.V., a joint-venture between Dutch Wintershall and Russian energy giant Gazprom has begun oil production using its production platform in the Danish North Sea basin.

    MOSCOW (Sputnik) Wintershall Noordzee B.V., a joint-venture between Dutch Wintershall and Russian energy giant Gazprom has begun oil production using its production platform in the Danish North Sea basin, the company said in a press release Wednesday.

    "Wintershall Noordzee B.V. has commenced production from its first own-operated Danish oil field. The Ravn field produces oil from a depth of approximately 4,000 meters via a newly constructed production platform in the Danish North Sea, some 300 kilometers [186.4 miles] North of the Dutch town of Den Helder," the press release read.

    Wintershall Noordzee B.V. owns a 63.64 percent share in the Ravn field. The Danish state-owned oil and gas company Nordsofonden holds the remaining 36.36 percent as licensing partner.

    Wintershall Noordzee B.V is a 50-50 joint venture between Gazprom International and Wintershall Holding established in September 2015, which develops and produces oil and gas in the southern North Sea near the United Kingdom, the Netherlands and Denmark. Wintershall itself has been active in the region since 1965.

    Never miss a story again — sign up to our Telegram channel and we'll keep you up to speed!

    Related:

    Russia's Gazprom to Issue Over $1Bln in Sterling Eurobonds Amid Brexit
    Russian Gazprom to Begin Turkish Stream Offshore Pipe-Laying in 2nd Half of 2017
    Ukraine's Naftogaz to Reverse EU Commission's Decision on Gazprom Access to Opal
    Tags:
    oil production, Gazprom, North Sea
    Community standardsDiscussion
    Comment via FacebookComment via Sputnik
    • Сomment