The incident happened on Sunday, when a 32-year-old resident of Anzhero-Sudzhensk entered the basement of an electric station to steal some wires and cables. While trying to disconnect some of the wires, the man got electrocuted with 35 kilovolts [35,000 volts!] of raw electric power.
The man not only survived the deadly shock, but walked back home and called an ambulance. He was later hospitalized, but according to doctors his condition is stable.
Now all the man has to worry about are the impending charges that he will be facing as a result of breaking into the electric station.