ROSTOV-ON-DON, November 4 (RIA Novosti) — The Russian Emergency Situations Ministry estimates the operation on delivering humanitarian cargo to Ukraine's southeastern regions of Donetsk and Luhansk as successful, with all trucks back to Rostov Region, Oleg Voronov, deputy chief of the crisis management center with the Russian Emergency Situations Ministry, said Tuesday.
Earlier on Tuesday, the sixth Russian humanitarian convoy of 20 trucks, which was divided into two groups, delivered more than 100 tons of aid to the war-torn cities of Donetsk and Luhansk in eastern Ukraine.
"Another stage of delivering humanitarian cargo to Donetsk and Luhansk has been successfully completed. Currently, the trucks are back in [Russia's] Rostov Region empty. They have all passed border and customs control," Voronov said.
He added that the humanitarian cargo was formed according to the requests of Donetsk and Luhansk authorities and contained medicines and fuel.
Russia has been sending aid convoys to the war-torn Donbas Region since August. They have delivered food, water, power generators, medication and warm clothes to help the residents of Donetsk and Luhansk regions replenish their stocks ahead of the coming winter.
The previous humanitarian convoy from Russia returned to the Rostov Region on Sunday, November 2.