MOSCOW, July 24 (RIA Novosti) – Russia has registered nine strikes on its territory from Ukraine during the period of June and July of this year, Russian Deputy Defense Minister Anatoly Antonov said Thursday.
“Russia has registered nine strikes on Russian territory in June and July,” Antonov said on Rossiya-24 television.
“If US territory was struck by a neighboring country, and God forbid, an American citizen was killed, what would the Americans do?” Antonov queried.
He specified that during the two summer months, targeted strikes have hit border posts and a Russian civilian was killed.
Last week Anatoly Antonov already stressed that Ukraine “cynically denies obvious facts and is doing everything to reject accusations of the shelling of Russian territory."
On July 13, shells exploded in the Russian city of Donetsk in Rostov region, killing one civilian and injuring two more.
Also last week, the Russian Defense Ministry invited OSCE military attachés from 18 countries to assess the situation on the Russian-Ukrainian border, which has been hit multiple times by Ukrainian artillery.
The attachés visited the Russian city of Donetsk, examined the damage and shell craters caused by the artillery shells, but said it will take time to clarify the circumstances of the incident.
The Russian Foreign Ministry condemned the shelling of the Russian territory, urged Kiev to stop the attacks immediately, and warned that these provocations might have irreversible consequences.