The bombing at a race-track in Nalchik has been classed as a terrorist attack, the head of the local investigative committee said on Saturday.
One of the victims of the bombing in the Russian North Caucasus republic of Kabardino-Balkaria on Saturday, a 104-year-old World War II veteran, has died and the number of injured has risen to 30.
"In the course of investigations, facts were established to allow us to qualify the case as a terrorist attack," Tatiana Nauzhokova said
Law enforcement officials earlier announced that the bomb had been detonated by a timer mechanism.
Nauzhokova said the power of the blast was three to five kilograms of TNT, according to preliminary data and the case had been handed over to the main branch of the North Caucasus and Southern Federal District investigative committee.
NALCHIK, May 1 (RIA Novosti)