MOSCOW, October 6 (RIA Novosti) - Members of a Russian parliamentary group investigating into the August accident at the country's largest hydropower plant in Siberia will personally visit the site of the accident and inspect the course of the restoration works, a spokesman for the parliament's lower house said.
The August 17 disaster at the Sayano-Shushenskaya hydroelectric power station destroyed a turbine hall and killed 75 people.
Boris Gryzlov said that the members of the parliamentary group are set to visit the hydroelectric power plant some time this week.
"They will inspect the course of the restoration works and will evaluate to what degree [the remaining] hydro-technical facilities are ready for further exploitation," Gryzlov said.
Russian Energy Minister Sergei Shmatko announced last week that the budget for work to repair the Sayno-Shushenskaya hydropower plant was approved at 5.6 billion rubles ($186 mln) in 2009 and 16 billion rubles ($531 mln) in 2010.
Russian industrial safety watchdog Rostekhnadzor announced on October 3 the results of a probe into the causes of the Siberian plant disaster. Anatoly Chubais, the ex-head of Russia's now defunct state electricity monopoly, was among those responsible for the accident.